Sony posted a new entry on their PlayStation blog this week, hoping to clarify some questions and confusion regarding their new PlayStation Plus package announced at E3 last week.
We have some more details about the plan. While this is for Europe (who cares) and other foreign countries, we can assume the details of the plan will be similar here in the States. Sony looks to launch the service on Tuesday, June 29th and it will include games, discounts, exclusive items in the PlayStation Store, full game trials and automatic downloads of content. The current PSN features will stay free, as Sony looks to not alienate their existing customer base with these additions. As we discussed in our original article about this, subscriptions can be purchased in three month or one year duration. One new detail we found out, however, is that if you sign up between launch day and August 3rd for a one year subscription, you will also receive a downloadable copy of LittleBigPlanet for free. The copy will be yours even after your subscription should expire.
Want to know what else is included and some more details? Hit the break and check it all out!
We have also learned that for the games and special offers, there will be at least four games a month available at no extra charge, along with premium themes and exclusive trials, and we have the list for months one and two here:
Month 1: June 29th – August 3rd
- Intro offer: LBP (standard edition)
- PSN PS3: Wipeout HD
- minis: Field Runners, Age of Zombies
- PSone: Destruction Derby
- Full Game Trial: Shatter, Savage Moon
- Discounts: LBP God of War Pack – 50%, LBP: LocoRoco costume pack – 50%, Gravity Crash – 20%, Fat Princess DLC – 20%
- Premium Game Element: KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC
- Push demo: ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain
- Themes: LBP Theme, SCEE produced: PlayStation “Game Is Just The Start” Dynamic Theme
- 2 x Fat Princess Premium Avatars
Month 2: August 4th – September 1st
- PSN PS3: Zen Pinball
- minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death
- PSone: Medievil
- Full Game Trial: Inferno Pool, Mushroom Wars
- Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defense Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD - 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20%
- Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
- Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter
- Themes: "SCEE produced: PlayStation + Dynamic Theme (in production), Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme
- 2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)
Some questions were raised by users and us here at the show about what wasn't included in the subscription package and we have been informed that cross-game chat will not be currently included. We also know that the four games you can download each month are yours to keep for as long as you are a Plus member.
Sony ended their announcement by saying that Plus is an evolving service which will use all of the members' comments and concerns to enhance their system in the future.
What do you guys think? Is the new plan worth it? Will you be purchasing it? We want to know!