It seems that if you put Ville at the end of any app on Facebook these days, it will end up being extremely successful. FrontierVille on Facebook, is no exception. The Wild West-themed game that lets virtual pioneers tame a piece of wilderness has attracted 20 million players since its June 9 launch, making it the third most popular Zynga game after FarmVille and Zynga Poker. The game combines elements of FarmVille with a robust mission structure and a "living world," which means constantly keeping nature and varmints at bay ranging from bears to snakes. Sounds like a kid version of Red Dead Redemption to me but I guess I can see the appeal.
Other fun facts Frontierville since launch:
- 6.3 million people have built their frontier cabins
- 3.3 million people have built a general store
- 2.3 million people got married
- 1.1 million people have had a kid
- 10 million people have clobbered a snake
- 3.6 million people have scared away a bear