To say the magnitude 8.9 earthquake in northeastern Japan has done more damage and claimed more lives than Godzilla ever could, would be an understatement. I am glad that everyone I know there and their families are safe but for many that will not be the case. Hideo Kojima, founder of the Metal Gear video game franchise has taken up the cause by starting a special website called "Together Japan" which contains illustrations, staff messages, and Twitter icons that offer comfort and support for the victims and their families. Kojima Productions will also donate 100 million yen and be initiating an employee donation fund soon that will be for victims as well.
Others are joining in on the cause as well, hit the break to find out who.
Some world renown Japanese companies like Nintendo and Sony have shown their support along with Nene, Manaka and Rinko, from the Love Plus series. A few others that have taken up the cause are:
- Square Enix: Pledged 100 million yen and started up employee donations
- NC Japan: Pledged 500 million yen, saying this is the equivalent of one month's earnings
- Level-5: Pledged 10 million yen and will also conduct charity item sales in Inazuma Eleven Mobile
- Nippon Ichi: Will donate proceeds from Disgaea 4's 100 yen Asagi download content to quake relief
- Imageepoch: 500 yen for each copy of the download version of PSP's upcoming RPG Final Promise Story will be donated to charity
The Japanese culture has contributed much over the years to PLuGHiTz Live! Radio and my personal life. The least we can do is show our support and spread the world. Stay strong, Japan!